Verto Homes (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting vertohomes.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the GDPR), the data controller is Verto Homes Ltd of Ground Floor, Building A, Green Court, Truro Business Park, Truro, TR4 9LF who can be contacted using the following contact details email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site vertohomes.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe for email alerts, enter a competition or promotion, request details on services or properties and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
- This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
- We will use this information;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have specifically consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
The legitimate interests that we will rely upon to process this information are:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If we are not able to process your personal data whether because you do not consent, you withdraw or limit consent, or for any other reason then we will not be able to achieve the purposes listed above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Selected third parties including;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- email providers who send regular email newsletters to those who have opted in and send Verto Homes emails with information submitted via the website;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- e-signature contract providers, who will send an email with the ability to sign a binding document via the email, to those who specifically request this.
The specific third parties that we will share your data with are as follows, together with links to their privacy policies:
Mailchimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Google Adwords & Analytics – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=uk
Sendgrid – https://sendgrid.com/policies/privacy/
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Verto Homes or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use automated decision making including profiling.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will only retain your data for as long as we deem reasonable are for the purposes outlined above. (list reasons, i.e. legal requirements, or examples of retaining data for certain periods)
We use the Mailchimp Delivery platform, for our email alerts.
As a subscriber to our email newsletter, we may contact you from time to time to inform you of company updates or interesting marketing information, we will also provide clear opt out instructions at the base of all marketing email communications should you wish not to receive communication from us in the future.
As a data processor on behalf of Verto Homes Ltd, Mailchimp will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more about how Mailchimp collects and stores your information here https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Analytics data is retained for a period of 26 months to review improvements to the site’s performance over a 2 year period. After this period, all usage data is removed securely.
We will only process your data for marketing purposes where you have given express consent to us to do so or where there is a legitimate interest for us to do so. The legitimate interests that we will rely on are as listed above under “Uses made of the Information – Information that we collect about you”. In any event, we will only rely on legitimate interest as a grounds for processing your data where we have completed a Legitimate Interest Assessment and where such assessment supports the use of such data processing.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We currently disclose personal data for these purposes to the following third parties: Mailchimp.
At any time, even if you have previously consented, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and/or not to disclose it to third parties for marketing purposes. You can do this by contacting us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to notify us of any preferences you have in relation to the processing of your data for example as to the frequency of communications that you receive from us or the manner or the subject matter of such communications.
The GDPR also gives you the following rights:
- to access information held about you;
- to request the deletion or correction of information held about you;
- to object to or restrict the processing of information about you;
- to request that information about you be transferred to another person;
- to complain to the relevant supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/ whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the following contact details email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any complaints in relation to how our business has processed your data or in relation to the exercise of your rights as detailed above you can in the first instance raise your concerns by contacting us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to any such complaints https://ico.org.uk/
Information Commissioner’s Office
Our website uses technology to collect information about its use, to distinguish between users, to help us provide you with a good experience and to allow us to improve the site and the service we offer. This means that when you visit our website, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer or other device.
In the tables below you’ll see a description of each cookie that we use, what it does and whether or not it collects personal data about you. Personal data means data which identifies or can be used to identify you as an individual, including online identifiers such as your IP address. It also includes pseudonymous identifiers (e.g. strings of numbers or letters) if it is possible for us to identify you from these.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you visit our website. A cookie file is stored on your device and allows us to recognise you and make your visit easier and more useful to you when you revisit our website.
Cookies allow us to recognise users (where appropriate), tailor the content on our website to fit the needs of our website’s visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we can’t guarantee that the website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
This includes where available, your IP address and pseudonymous identifiers, operating system and browser type and, depending on the cookie, also includes the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
Types of cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, the website remembers you the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
Third party websites
How you can control and delete cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of our website. You can however set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to notify you when you are sent a cookie and therefore choose whether or not to accept it. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our website at anytime.
For your convenience we’ve provided links to the cookie management page for the most popular web browsers:
More information about cookies
Our Privacy Statement